- Press and hold the power button for a full 12 seconds
- Release and then press the power button once
Still not turning on?
- Try a different charger with the laptop. Any USB-C charger that is rated at 45W or higher (ideally 65W) will work.
Still not working?
- The laptop BIOS may need to be reset. There is a hole on the bottom of the laptop for this purpose, using a paper clip or SIM tool, press the reset button for 60 seconds:
None of that worked?
- Call Lenovo Premiere Support at 1-855-669-3600
- Create a support ticket or
- Schedule a support call with Avail Networks
Got it booted up?
- Great! Now let’s make sure your ThinkPad has the latest drivers and updates.
- Run the Lenovo Vantage or Commercial Vantage app (found in your Start Menu > All Programs), the app looks like one of these icons:
- Now you can run System Update in the Vantage app.
- Please note it can take up to 60 seconds before the app displays available updates, so be patient!
Thanks for reading.